Monday, April 14, 2008

recurring theme

I can't seem to tell you how I feel
mostly because it doesn't ever seem right.
together, everything seems
like it was all meant to be,
but how rare an occurrence that is.
I try to speak, but you don't respond
unless you know that I need you then and there
otherwise, I'm just an acquaintance
but you don't know how much more I am.

I admire your eyes;
they are seas that flood my heart with excitement.
and your laugh, your sarcasm, your understanding,
they all leave impressions on me,
I find myself thinking about you more and more.
with caution, I try not to obsess
but if only you could see that I am willing
then I could let my adoration overflow
and fill you with joy and esteem
and love, yes love

however, I am nothing more than a dreamer,
only from afar might I see.
in my head, I know what we could achieve
still, it is folly, nothing more than a silly notion.
listen to this talk!
what merit does it hold?

1 comment:

Candace said...

love from afar. old school.