Wednesday, April 22, 2009

here I am not studying for a test because my brain is too busy running
through scenarios of all these different things that could happen.

mostly concerning relationships.

I hate not knowing.
I hate it most when I want to know, when I want to be sure.
how can one be sure?

you just know, they say.

but I thought I've known multiple times.
surely I'm not going to end up with multiple people.
so how do you know?
perhaps (and most likely) I've only thought that I've known
and maybe I'm still waiting for the moment when I really know.

or maybe that moment has already passed and I missed it.

the problem is that I just don't know and people expect me to.
I miss the old; I enjoy the new; I look forward to the yet-to-come.

how will I know?


2 comments:

Cori said...

they often say that uncertainty is supposed to make romance even better, but as for me, it just causes anxiety.

Regarding "just knowing," that's a very nice and romantic way to look at things, but I'm not entirely sure it's true. Maybe the confidence comes from somewhere else, but I doubt there's a secret "marriage intuition" God installed in us. :P If there was, why would he orchestrate arranged marriages in the Bible?

It'd be sad to think it's already past, and we're young, so I doubt it.

Though I often suck at this myself, I'd consider looking to Christ for peace. Ultimately, no matter what, He's in control.

Anyway, I've said enough. Cheer up. *patpat*

stephanie said...

i guess i'm of the persuasion that "you just know."

but. you have time :)